Thursday, March 7, 2013

Bike Rides


Tonight I took a bike ride. I know it’s only March, but this is Georgia and the current temperature is 57 degrees and it is almost 8pm. Since Daphne is struggling to nap these days, both girls are in bed no later than 6:30. While I miss her nap and hate her current 5pm meltdowns, I do like being free at an earlier time. Since Kelly was working on his gun, I went out for a ride (after I cleaned up and did the usual “the girls are in bed” routine). I really want to do another Sprint Triathlon-in June. The ride tonight completely spurred my triathlon enthusiasm. There is a sense of disquietude when riding. It is addicting. With a bike, one can go places a car cannot and at a speed legs are unable to. It is exhilarating! I love my bike trailer and I love taking the girls on rides, when the weather permits. They love it too. Look how adorable they are together. Tonight I learned I am much faster when not pulling a trailer and 40 pounds of cuteness. Ok, maybe only 20 pounds, depending on the day.   J














No comments: