Sunday, November 18, 2012

Three Months

Eve is pretty cute. Looking back at the time Daphne was a baby, I really loved 3 and 4 months. Five was good too, but she started getting really difficult to nurse. Eve has been pretty consistent with that observation. The only difference is she hasn't quite gotten over her colic so she is slightly more difficult. She usually has to cry herself to sleep every night. It isn't for very long though. But, while she is awake she is VERY sweet and sometimes I just want to eat her up! She smiles at everything and just loves attention, but is ok if we have to ignore her in order to help Daphne. I notice Daphne watching everything I do with Eve so I try to give her equal attention and usually include her in Eve's care as much as I can. She has proven helpful, and I can only imagine how much more helpful she will be for the next child in 10 years...ok so not that far away. As much as I love for the girls to nap at the same time, I do enjoy getting some Eve time all to myself. I usually try to see how much I can get her to smile and hopefully get a little squeal. But look at this girl, ears and all:





Eve doesn't seem anywhere close to rolling over, but she is rocking the bumbo quite well. She is sleeping longer stretches at night and going down for naps a little better. She is getting chunky, weighing in at least 12 pounds. On Tuesday evening Daphne, Eve, and I headed out to Hobby Lobby to do some returns. Kelly was out of town. When Eve cries in the car I usually say "its ok, Eve, we're almost there." While driving on this night Daphne said out of nowhere in a concerned, motherly voice, "its ok, eve, we're almost there." And then I said, "Oh no, I forgot my wallet! We have to go home." And then Daphne said "its ok, Eve. Momma forgot her wallet, we have to go home." I felt like I had an echo, a cute one at that.

No comments: