Sunday, November 18, 2012

Pink Eye & Church

Today I woke up with pink eye. I seem to get it once each year since being a mom. Its pretty gross. I hate not being able to wear my contacts or eye makeup. But, it is a good excuse to get some new eye makeup. And maybe looking like I do will convince Kelly to let me get lasix...? Alas, I got out of bed this morning to nurse the baby and get Daphne ready for church. I let Kelly go back to sleep since I felt pretty rested and he has some jet lag from being in Washington state all week. By 8:00 Daphne was completely ready for church (church is at 9am). To keep her preoccupied so she wouldn't pull her hair out or destroy something, I put on The Living Scriptures for her to watch. I skipped past the scary storms to the part where Christ comes and blesses the children. I figure she is too young for the scary stuff. She loved the video. We had just read about Jesus' Coming for scriptures this week. 15 minutes later she was up and saying "I wanna go church!" Well, Daddy wasn't ready yet and it was still too early anyway so she helped pick out Daddy's tie, clothes, and shoes. I am grateful Daphne loves church so much. It must be nursery because Sacrament meeting isn't exactly fun for her (or us sometimes). I also think she is a very outgoing and happy person when others are around, and she loves seeing people at church. Sometimes I wonder where the innocent and child-like qualities we read about children having are in this 2 year old, but then she does something like this.

She observed Kelly and I singing with the hymnal so she followed suit. Kids really do notice everything. 

No comments: