Sunday, October 4, 2009

Conference Weekend


Conference was wonderful. Besides being able to watch from home, put away other tasks for the weekend, and eat good food, we heard inspiring messages from the Lord's Prophets, Seers, and Revelators. I felt very inspired by all of the talks. Some of the messages I loved were about working hard, stewardship, recognizing sin as sin and not trying to make laws to cover it up, missionary work, and protecting and uplifting the family. I also love listening to talks and thinking about other people I love listening, and hoping they find strength in what is being said.

It's also amazing to think other members of the church around the globe are listening to the same message for similar reasons. It is unifying. And lastly, the music is wonderful. I feel very good when I hear the hymns sung by the choir.

This year, Kelly and I watched at home together. On Sunday, we drove down to SLC to watch the last session in the Conference Center with my sister Meesa, her "friend" Colin, and her roommate and friend, Natassja Hill. Colin is getting baptized next Saturday, so this was a special day for him. Conference is a unique part of our religion, so it was great to see his reaction to it. He was amazed by all of the Mormons. He is from New Mexico. OK, so here are some pix from today.



It was very cold and rainy by this time. Good ol' Utah


Meesa and Colin


Plus Natassja-love the hair, Natassja!

Kelly and I saw the photographer who takes picutres for the Ensign walking around. We kept trying to make good poses so he would come our way. He walked by us twice and we walked by him several times, but he managed to avoid us and find 3 other families/people to take pictures of. I told Kelly to wear his uniform next time. Kelly says we aren't good looking enough.

We should find out pretty soon where we PCS (move) to. It seems as if all of our plans lie in that decision. So, we are waiting...but still very excited and nervous to find out. I love this time of year!

10 comments:

Marcus and Cami Bluth said...

Great pictures Cassi! I'm so glad you and Meesa can get together sometimes. I sure miss my Shasha! I got your message the other day, but you had called the weekend my phone was out. It's still acting funny- I wish I had bought the insurance!
Conference was really great though, wasn't it?

Francisca and Chris said...

How cute!

Melissa said...

How fun to get to attend conference! We did that a few times when we were newly weds! (You aren't so newly wed anymore going on 2 years. Yeah!) We're excited to find out where you guys might be going too!

Kelly Wood said...

For the record, I said I'm not attractive enough to get our picture taken. Cassi by herself would be a shoe-in with her red hair.

Kaitlin Hakes said...

You guys are all so good looking!!! What a hot family I married into:) Conference is a wonderful time! We are so excited for Colin and to find out where your big move will be too.

alexandria said...

I agree with Kelly's comment. Well not that he's not good looking but that Cassi is beautiful enough for the rest of us combined. I love the "friend" that Meese has:) And im glad to see some pictures of my Natassja!!

Mama said...

Makes my heart sing to see you all at Conference.

Jami said...

Cassi Hakes!!!!! I found your blog!! YEAH!!! I have been trying to find out how to contact you forever!!! I don't have a facebook, but I had my dad "facebook" a Cassi that we thought might be you, but it was not you. Whoever it was told him your married name and I found you!! How fun!!! Hope all is going well for you!!! You look great!!!

-Jami (Heninger) Hall

Carrie said...

I think it is so funny you guys were trying to get your picture taken for the Ensign! And Kelly's comment about you guys not being good looking enough made me laugh. Definitely not true! I heard you guys are coming for Thanksgiving? We are excited!

Carly said...

Hi Cassi! We love you guys and can't wait to see you this weekend. Thanks for coming. It means a lot to us and ESPECIALLY to my Ginny!