Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Woods went down to Georgia

We're moving to Georgia! I found out today that we'll be PCS'ing (aka moving) to Robins Air Force Base outside of Macon, GA. There I'll be flying on the back of a JSTARS plane (see below) and doing something intel-wise. So, instead of staring at a computer on the ground, I'll be staring at a computer at 40,000ft.



It wasn't our first choice of places to move, but I think we're both excited. I'm excited to try out a new job and eat every day at Waffle House. Cassi is excited to quote Gone With The Wind non-stop. And Greycoat is excited to meow with a Southern accent.

9 comments:

Kaitlin Hakes said...

Wow Georgia!!!! I'm so excited for you guys! It really is so beautiful out there and there are TONS of missionary oppurtunities:) And my brother lives pretty close to you guys so you will have some kind of family:) What a cool job Kelly!

Cody, Ashley, Rilyn, Casen, Brigg, and Brooks said...

Wow Georgia. Thats awesome. You guys can go to FL on vacation cause you'll be right there. Our family is on the East Coast too (but we're way North of Georgia). Good luck on the move!

Marcus and Cami Bluth said...

oh wow! That is incredible! It's going to be so beautiful and such an adventure. I'm jealous of the Gone with the Wind thing!

Melissa said...

WOW! That is super exciting! That will be an exciting adventure! I bet that the shorter deployments will fly by! I've never been that far east so it would be awesome to come and visit! When do you move, like in may?

Carrie said...

Macon! That is were aunt pittypatt is from. I'm so excited for you guys. What a wonderful adventure.

alexandria said...

Cassi was meant to be a southern belle! Congrats guys, what a change from new mexico and utah! I have never been to the south and since we have other friends that moved there, we will have to take a trip down south!

Jensen Family said...

congrats! that sounds so exciting! i hear its beautiful there! i bet you'll love it!

Haught Fudge said...

Yay! Congrats guys. I love that Cassi is excited to quote Gone With The WInd. That's what I first thought of too. :)

Mama said...

We are so excited for you guys...and Kelly, your job sounds really important and exciting. Cass, maybe you could just work at Waffle House and not have to stress - you could improve the menu!