Sunday, May 20, 2012

December: Reunion & Christmas

Kelly returned home from Qatar, his 2nd deployment, on December 5th. Daphne and I waited for him along with other families on the flight line on the base. It was very exciting since there were lots of people and music was playing when they landed. Kelly was informed while shaking hands with his commander that he wouldn't be home long. He was being sent to SOS training in Alabama for January and February. I was annoyed they would share this information with him as he was exiting the plane from his deployment. They could've at least waited till the next day...sheesh!


Daphne adjusted to him really well the first week. I was surprised since she'd been going trhough a clingy phase. However, Kelly's first day back to work she didn't want him to touch her when he got home. It was almost as if she was mad he'd left again.










 A couple weeks after he returned home, we headed to Las Cruces for a week to celebrate Christmas and New Years with family. This was Karl and Janelle's last Christmas in their home. I'm glad we got to celebrate with them. My entire family was in Las Cruces. But before we headed to las Cruces, we had our own little Christmas on blankets in front of the tree. Since it was the night before our early flight, we had pizza. Many of Kelly's co-workers were called up to Korea right before Christmas because Kim-Jong-Il died. Because Kelly had just returned home, he didn't have to go. He had to work long hours, but we got him for Christmas. I was so happy! 










When we visit LC, Daphne gets so red because it is so dry!

Future pianist? She takes more interest in this than the violin




**I know Kelly and his mom took pictures with Daphne, but I don't have those. I;m glad Kelly takes care of the picture taking because sometimes I get lazy! I do much better when he is deployed.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I love it! More Blogs! The pictures of the girls interacting together are so cute.