Sunday, January 23, 2011

January

So, we've considered giving up the blog over the last few months. I mean, we never really post. Up until this week, neither computer was working. Our desktop is still a little out of commission. I can't believe how much I need a computer. A little Droid doesn't accomplish much but browsing. Anyway, I don't keep a blog book because I do photo albums, and when I do post, it takes me well over an hour ...but, I do love reading family and friends' blogs so I guess it's not over yet. It's a creative outlet that I can get into sometimes. Plus, I feel so far away from everyone living in GA, and I don't want to! BTW, I really like Georgia.

Kelly is easy going about moving, but I think he'll like it more when his job becomes more fulfilling. He is spending the month at Fairchild AFB in Washington State for Survival School. He spent the last week trudging through the snow living on little calories and sleep. This week he will be tortured and learn the proper way to resist...poor guy. He'll receive good pampering when he returns next weekend. I'm excited for him to see Daphne!

Meanwhile, I've been hanging out with Daphne and some friends and trying to keep busy so I don't miss him too much! Here are some cool things that have happened this month:


Snow in the deep South-very rare. So rare school was canceled for two days! It was canceled up North in Atlanta for a week! Do you see the smallest snowman ever on the windowsill?


Another small snowman, but bigger than his brother. Since school was canceled some of the YW came to my house to hang out with me and play with Daphne. It was so fun! The house was full of noise which was a nice break from just me and Daphne. Plus, they built these two snowmen.


Daphne ready for church in her cape from her daddy. Church without Kelly is an interesting experience. He usually takes care of her for me so I can run around doing stuff...absence makes the heart grow fonder, and it also makes one realize how helpful their spouse is! Also, pat on the back for parents at church with young kids.


"We seek after these things" theme for New Beginnings complete with this beautiful cake made by Tallie Bell!

And-I recommend "Minute to Win It" for a church activity or family game. It is soo fun! We played as a family at Christmas, courtesy of Katie and Melissa. I decided to do it for the Joint Mutual this month and everyone loved it. Even the ones who usually come because they have to got involved for at least the Oreo one and were laughing...yay!! Prayers are answered.

2 comments:

Kenzie said...

Oh Cassi I like looking at your blog, plus we get to stay in touch a LITTLE RIGHT??? GLAD TO SEE YOU ARE DOING WELL. WE MISS YOU GUYS

Marcus and Cami Bluth said...

Oh, don't give up the blog! I know you posted this a long time ago, so it's not like I check in too often. But, you live so far away and I love hearing about you guys. Just go get a computer, duh.