Friday, August 13, 2010

Today is my Due Date! Craziness!


Ah, Motherhood. It is life changing which equals scary, wonderful, and hard all at the same time. The last six weeks were great, but a challenge for me. I'm sure most new moms can relate. I am glad we are at this point now. It gets better and better each day. She is more interactive and even gave me a few social smiles this week. It was great! She is still keeping me up at night, but that is okay, she is getting longer stretches sometimes. I am grateful to be a stay-at-home mom. Kelly got home from work a little early this week so I could go to a workout class on base. It was so fun! Someone in the class brought their baby that seemed about Daph's age and she started crying. When that happened, I melted and left the class early to go see her. Ha ha, pathetic, but it's true! Some things she does that we love:
Calms down when I sing to her (she is wondering what that horrible noise is)
Curls up on dad's chest
Is happy most days (cross my fingers)
Plays well in her crib
Looks like her dad
Sleeps with her arms up like an adult
Is learning to use her pacifier, which has ended up being a great thing to sooth her!
Has grown to 6lbs 9 oz at her one month appointment and probably weighs closer to 8 lbs now!

Kelly will be at survival training for the month of September, so...I booked a ticket to Las Cruces for a week. Thank heavens for family and Kayak.com for cheaper tickets. I can't wait to show her off! Poor Kelly, though. we will be blessing her the following month in Las Cruces as well.

Greycoat is often jealous/curious.

Avoiding Georgia bugs!


Ha ha. This is funny and cute.



Sticking her tongue out at her friend, the turtle.


They look a lot alike.

Censored bath time, which she loves. It calms her down a little because at night, she gets fussy.


I want matching outfits, and this was the best I could do.

4 comments:

The Risenmays said...

Oh Cassi, I love her! I want to hold her and snuggle her so bad! Hope you get to have so much fun in Las Cruces with your family. Motherhood is a difficult change to adjust to but it's the best and I'm sure you are such a good mama to little Daphne. I miss you!

Pawloski said...

Ahh... How cute! I cant wait to meet her. Let me know the dates that you will be in LC and maybe I can meet you there. Love ya!

Kaitlin Hakes said...

She is getting bigger and bigger! What a cuttie! It is a really weird feeling when your due date rolls around and you have already had the baby:) You look so beautiful I can't wait to get to see you in action as a new mom!! Love you and miss you!

Jensen Family said...

she is sooo cute! so crazy today is your due date.. and she has been here for so long! haha! what a doll :) just wait till you hit the 4 month mark..babies are so much funner and easier then!