Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Plan


Here are some photos of our new little girl.

Sleeping


Our little firecracker! Nothing fits this little girl.


Grandma teaching me how to give her a bath. So cute in her hooded towel!





Grandma and Grandpa Hakes. Grandpa Hakes was a surprise visit! I loved having them visit. Mom and I got our toenails done. It was so nice to do something together.


Sleepy Heads

Also, I heard this song today by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. It made me think of the plan of salvation and how beautiful it is. Below are the lyrics.

In the quiet misty morning When the moon has gone to bed, When the sparrows stop their singing And the sky is clear and red,

When the summer's ceased its gleaming When the corn is past its prime, When adventure's lost its meaning - I'll be homeward bound in time

Bind me not to the pasture Chain me not to the plow Set me free to find my calling And I'll return to you somehow

If you find it's me you're missing If you're hoping I'll return, To your thoughts I'll soon be listening, In the road I'll stop and turn

Then the wind will set me racing As my journey nears its end And the path I'll be retracing When I'm homeward bound again

Bind me not to the pasture Chain me not to the plow Set me free to find my calling And I'll return to you somehow

(softly) In the quiet misty morning When the moon has gone to bed, When the sparrows stop their singing I'll be homeward bound in time

8 comments:

Jami said...

Congrats!!! I am so happy that you and Daphne are doing so well!! They grow up so fast, so enjoy every second!! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She's adorable.

Carrie said...

I love all the pictures! She is so tiny! I especially like the one of Daphne with her arms up behind her head, and the one of Kelly & Daphne sleeping. Thanks for sharing!

Cody, Ashley, Rilyn, Casen, Brigg, and Brooks said...

Congrats! Shes beautiful. I can't believe how early she came! I'm so glad that shes healthy and that you guys are home.

Chelsea said...

She is tiny!! Congrats! I can't believe she came so early. Hope you are doing well!

John and Melodie said...

She's so cute. congrats again

KB said...

Congrats! So glad she's ok & didn't even have to stay over night in the hospital.

laura said...

She is beautiful Cassi! I just read your delivery story. Brought me to tears. Every baby is such a miracle. I remember when I first started getting contractions they felt just like cramps and I didn't think it was labor either. Glad she is healthy!!