Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Venezia!

Unlike most people, I didn't realize Venice was mostly situated on water, minus industrial Venice. In order to get to our hotel, we had to park in a parking garage and take a ferry to our hotel. After that, we either had to take a water taxi or the hotel "shuttle" to get across the water. It was crazy! A couple of words to describe Venice: romantic, great food, ancient beauty, and water. We were very impressed with Venice and liked it even more than we thought we would. Even though it was a couple extra days of driving, we feel it was very worth it.
Beautiful Venice. The view at the Rialto station.

Sorry it is blurry; I took it. This is the residential area and the canals are lined with boats. No cars, no bikes.

Kelly in Venice in the morning.


I was amazed when I saw this; foodservice deliveries Venice style. I don't think those boats have climate control.


Kelly couldn't resist taking this picture. The boat was full of Asians and they were waving and smiling and taking pictures of us during their ride.


Our Gondola ride. We felt like we couldn't go to Venice and not take a Gondola. Althought it was fun, it wasn't our favorite thing we did there and it was expensive. It did show us Venice up close. Our favorite thing was walking around for a couple of hours that night. The town is full of bridges and beautiful buildings which look great at night. See below.


This sums up our walk that night.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

ooh shash! I'm so jealous.

bekahjr said...

Wow! How fun. I'm so glad you guys got to go on a trip and enjoy each other after being apart for so long. and there is definitely no better place than Europe. Beau and I want to go there some day! I'm excited to see more pics!

Kallibird said...

I hate you... Jealousy! I want to hear all about it

Mama said...

Do bring pictures when you come home, Cassi...we miss our Cassi at home, butunderstand that you are Kelly's now :)