Sunday, February 19, 2012

Time to Catch Up and Some News

Watch out! I'm about ready to catch up on this blog. Kelly is home for a three-day weekend which means I can hand off Daphne to him for a bit. 


Obviously I'm not a dedicated blogger, but I was reading over some past posts and I enjoyed the memories laid out so nicely. So, I am going to try again. 


What strikes me about past blogs posts is how much Daphne has changed and I LOVE it. I like big girls. I like her independence, even if it brings some attitude. She is a real person with a real personality and it's amazing to me and I truly enjoy it.


Kelly and I are happy to announce there will be a new baby in da house! Due date September 6th. My dad says I'll be giving labor on labor day...oh how he enjoys word play. Glad I'm on the downhill for sickness because let's be honest, I hate feeling like I have the flu everyday. All I've accomplished the past 6 weeks is growing a baby inside me and keeping the current one alive and reasonably happy (I think most women would agree that's pretty good). No projects done, no meals cooked, no organizing (gasp). In a way it's good Kelly has been gone since I don't cook or bake and I feel less like a failure in that regard when it's just for me and Daph. Hopefully all that is about to end. And, I'm more excited for the baby to come than I was with Daphne. We feel very blessed!


4 comments:

Andrea said...

I definitely say that growing a baby is accomplishment enough. Congrats!!

Melissa said...

Yeah congrats Cassi! Sometimes just getting by is the best you can do! I've been there too!

Kenzie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm very excited for oyu guys

Carrie said...

Congratulations again! I know this is old news, but I am just catching up on your blog. And yes, I totally agree that keeping yourself and your toddler fed and alive while growing a baby is a huge accomplishment! I remember when I was first pregnant with Luke and Charlie left to China for like 8 days. It was the most miserable thing ever, but like you said - I did feel like a little less of a failure since it was only Isaac and I eating Cheerios for dinner. :) I was also much more excited about baby #2 and the whole newborn phase was much easier the second time around. I'm really excited for you guys to be growing your family! Hopefully we get to see you guys soon.