Friday, August 1, 2008

Fort Dix, NJ

This is the building I'm staying. It's an old army barracks and is pretty dumpy. It smells and there's 12 of us per room, but there's free wifi on the borrom floor, so that was an unexpected perk. Every night, you can see dozens of people outside talking on their cell phones. It's pretty funny.



I forgot to take the picture before I ate the hamburger, but this is a typical meal for me.



The bunk I'm staying in. All the stuff at the foot of the bed is mine as well as some of the stuff underneath, stuff in the locker on the right, and another bag you can't see. I don't know how I'm going to get all this crap overseas.

4 comments:

Cassi Wood said...

Is that your camelback hanging on the side? Is your stuff at the edge of the bed and your bunkmates unser the bed? It doesn't look great, but it doesn't look too bad.

Cassi Wood said...

I So proud of my hubby serving our country!

Cassi Wood said...

I am so proud; your meal looks pretty healthy. Make sure you get enough fiber and some milk babe. Do you like Jello? I never make that at home, but I will if you like it.

You have more stuff than I remember. The outside does look kind of dumpy, but it is green from what I can see.

Charlie said...

Well its definately not the Four Seasons but it looks better than I thought.

The food doesn't look so good. But it's probably better than what you are going to find in Afghanistan.